Sonntag, 12. Juli 2009

Ironman 2009 – Klagenfurt am Wörthersee


Why do you get up early on 5 o'clock on a Sunday morning? Because the Ironmen and women are in town! Like every year the Wörthersee and its surroundings get visited by the worlds toughest athletes. Which means they have to swim for 3.86km, bike 180km and run 42 km – a marathon. A lot of amateurs participate as well (~98%), having a time limit from the start at 7 am till midnight. The best of the best just need 8 hours for that immense exertion.

Mgratzer, cassing, gholzer and unplug grabbed our camera gear and made a photowalk out of it. And we did walk a lot … (approx. 12km, I carried too much gear btw ;-) ) I shot 2000 pics and enjoyed my Nikon D300.

please non-photography-geeks skip this part:
I mainly used my 18-200 3.5-5.6 with my SB-600, loved the cheap Peleng 8mm fisheye, did a couple of shots with an ol
d MF Nikkor 105 2.5 lens, borrowed gholzers Nikkor 70-300mm, did like 20 shots with my lensbaby 2.0 and changed to my sigma 30mm 1.4 at night. I used a battery grip for my D300, it increases usability, speed and your perspiration ;-) I geotagged my pics with my i-blue 747 and GeoSetter. For editing I use Lightroom and Photoshop with the Hemi Fisheye Plugin and Viveza.

I tried to delete a lot of pics on site, which drained battery life and I went home at noon for recharging a battery and copying pics to my PC. We had a great afternoon and even went swimming in the lake which is pretty warm, regarding all the rainy days …

Enjoy the pics!


Take me to Flickr!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your venkmansthoughts.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com