Sonntag, 26. April 2009

Demo game review: Tom Clancy's HAWX or where have all the flight simulators gone?

Just played the demo of hawx. It's nice, but it's more a sophisticated arcade game than a combat flight simulator. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of guy who loves micro-management and wants to activate hundreds of switches before lift off but I'd love to have to do a bit more than just pressing 8 buttons and press fire when there's a red box around the enemy. And this drifting idea, guy's that's not fraggin' Need 4 speed! It's still fun, but it reminds me more on Incoming than on Falcon 4.0 or ATF. The graphics and google earth or whatever powered landscape is great - e.g. Rio de Janeiro in the Demo. And something guys: when I'm flying a fighter, I'd like to sit IN the cockpit and not just see it's butt all the time.

When will there be another great combat flight simulator?

see the gameplay footage and the review of zero punctuation - the best reviews of games at the moment :)



Keine Kommentare: